MANA WHENUA TEACHING GRANTS 2023
Applications are open to Tapuika tribal members 18 years and over currently undertaking fulltime study towards tertiary, vocational or trade training qualifications in Teaching – Māori Medium at a New Zealand university, polytechnic or wānanga.
Criteria & Application process
1. To be eligible applicants must be enrolled on the Tapuika Iwi Register.
2. Applicants’ commitment and contribution to Tapuika development an advantage.
3. Applications must provide evidence of acceptance for fulltime study by the selected New Zealand University, polytechnic or wānanga for a teaching qualification – Māori Medium.
4. Please supply details of your bank account number. Grants approved will be direct credited into your bank account.
5. Applications close at 5pm Friday 31st March 2023.
6. Students who received an education grant in the last funding round will need to provide a B Grade pass average to successfully re-apply for another education grant.
7. Please ensure the application is completed fully with the required documents attached. Failure to provide the required information (with attachments) could result in the application being declined.
Please make sure you complete and attach the following:
Signed application form
Photo identification (passport/drivers licence)
Letter of acceptance for fulltime study at a NZ university/Polytech/Wananga
Copy of Fees Statement or Invoice
Verified bank account details
How to Apply
First, please ensure that you are an registered iwi member of the Tapuika Iwi Authority – If you are unsure then call 07 573 5351 to check your details.
Once your Registration has been verified and you have been notified that you are a registered iwi member of the Tapuika Iwi Authority, then download the application form below, complete and send it back to us with your supporting documentation. Failure to provide the required information (with attachments) could result in the application being declined
Email completed forms to email@example.com