Tapuika Group Vacancies
Kaiwhakahaere Hinonga Taiao - Environmental Project Administrator
The key areas of focus and long-term success for the Tapuika Iwi Authority are centred on our people, our taiao, our reo me ōna tikanga and our resources.
We now seek an addition to the team who can support the projects that aim to connect our people to the taiao o Tapuika, to foster kaitiakitanga within our iwi, and to protect and enhance our taiao for future generations. You will deliver quality results that contribute to these outcomes.
We need someone who has extensive experience in an office environment, has high skill levels in both verbal and written communication, and can use computer software and programs with ease.
This person needs to have an affinity with the values of the Tapuika Iwi Authority and operate with dependability, pukengatanga, trust, humility, collaboration, honesty, integrity, innovation, respect, professionalism, excellence, quality, responsibility, pride, authenticity, and commitment.
This role involves supporting the implementation of environmental projects and supporting the staff who are leading the projects. This role includes the coordination of procurement, arranging group excursions, project personnel, logistics, project liaison, monitoring project progress, raising issues, reporting, administrative tasks, and a variety of different responsibilities. This will require exceptional written and oral communications skills, problem solving initiative, someone who can self-manage and who holds themselves to high standards of work.
Ideally this person has an affinity for the taiao and a moderate level of fitness to be able to work in the field from time to time.
You will be joining a fresh, energised dynamic team who are dedicated to bringing Tapuika’s goals and aspirations to fruition
Personal Specifications - Specific skills & attributes the ideal candidate will possess:
- In depth knowledge and at least 3+ years’ experience in project administration and/or coordination
- Knowledge of te reo, tikanga, and kawa
- Interest in the taiao – particularly connecting, enhancing and protecting
- Knowledge, experience and/or qualification in project administration and/or management
- High level of understanding in project scoping, implementation and reviewing
- Ability to establish, foster and maintain relationships within iwi taiao networks
- Have an ongoing commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
- Proven trust and credibility with peers
- Exceptionally organised and excellent planning skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong administration practices such as record management,
- Understands project planning, project monitoring, risk management and health and safety management
- Flexibility to adapt within a small team that covers a wide range of work
- Ability to do field work as required
- Strong computer / IT skills including use of social media
- A current Full Driver’s License
Must have legal right to live and work in New Zealand
How to apply
Suitably qualified candidates are now being sought for this role and a market comparable salary is being offered. Initially we have funding for a fixed term 18 month.
Click on the links below for the Job Description, Role Background and Application Form. We require your completed application, a covering letter and your up-to-date CV before closing date.
Then submit to: Pouarahi@tapuika.iwi.nz
Applications close end of 5pm Friday 16 September 2022
Anyone who wishes to have a confidential chat about this position is welcome to ring our office on 07 573 5351.